SIU Investigating Death of Man in Mississauga
Case Number: 19-OCD-206
Other News Releases Related to Case 19-OCD-206
- At approximately 10 a.m. on August 25, 2019, Peel Regional Police (PRP) officers were dispatched to a residence on Edgeleigh Avenue in regards to a domestic situation.
- Prior to the arrival of police, a 27-year-old man left the residence.
- With the help of the canine unit, officers located the man in the backyard of a residence on Ogden Avenue.
- While officers were present, the man sustained a gunshot wound and was transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead. No officer discharged a firearm.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342