SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Man’s Arrest in North Bay
Case Number: 19-OCI-202
- At approximately 5 p.m. on August 20, 2019, North Bay Police Service officers were conducting an investigation at a residence on Main Street East when they observed persons of interest.
- When those individuals fled on foot, police officers followed them and arrested them in the area of Main Street East and John Street.
- While in that area, officers became involved in an interaction with another individual and he was arrested.
- The man was transported to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342