SIU Investigating Windsor Collision Between Police Cruiser and Mobility Scooter
Case Number: 19-OVI-211
- At approximately 9:30 a.m. on September 2, 2019, a Windsor Police Service officer was operating a police cruiser southbound on McDougall Street.
- When the officer turned left onto Wyandotte Street East, the cruiser became involved in a collision with a man crossing that street in a mobility scooter.
- The man was transported to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342