SIU Investigating Death of Man in Brantford
Case Number: 19-OCD-259
Other News Releases Related to Case 19-OCD-259
- Shortly before 11 p.m. on November 3, 2019, Hamilton Police Service officers found Mr. Thomson at a Days Inn in Brantford located at 460 Fairview Drive. Mr. Thomson was considered to be a person of interest in connection with the deaths of two individuals in Hamilton.
- While officers were outside the hotel, a gunshot was heard coming from inside a room on the first floor.
- Officers entered the room where they located Mr. Thomson, deceased, from what appeared to be a gunshot wound.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342