SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Arrest of Youth in Scarborough
Case Number: 19-TCI-271
Other News Releases Related to Case 19-TCI-271
- At approximately 8:30 p.m. on Friday, November 15, 2019, undercover Toronto Police Service officers observed the youth in the area of 400 McCowan Road.
- When the officers identified themselves, the 14-year-old fled on foot and the officers followed.
- The youth was arrested and then taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342