SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Arrest of Youth in Scarborough
Case Number: 19-TCI-271
Other News Releases Related to Case 19-TCI-271
- At approximately 8:30 p.m. on Friday, November 15, 2019, undercover Toronto Police Service officers observed the youth in the area of 400 McCowan Road.
- When the officers identified themselves, the 14-year-old fled on foot and the officers followed.
- The youth was arrested and then taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342