SIU Seeking Witnesses to Interaction that Occurred in St. Catharines Walmart Parking Lot
Case Number: 19-OCI-272
Other News Releases Related to Case 19-OCI-272
- At approximately 12:50 p.m. on Sunday, November 17, 2019, Niagara Regional Police Service officers attended the Walmart located at 420 Vansickle Road for an unwanted person.
- The officers located the person of interest, a 35-year-old man, in the parking lot. There was an interaction in the area of a U-Haul box van, and the man was arrested.
- He was taken to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342