SIU Investigating Falling Death of Woman in Barrie
Case Number: 20-OCD-065
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-OCD-065
- At approximately 12:30 p.m. on March 25, 2020, Barrie Police Service officers attended an apartment building on Kozlov Street to check on the well-being of a woman.
- Officers made their way to a unit on the 10th floor.
- A short time later, the officers were made aware that a woman was lying on the ground outside of the building.
- She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342