SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Toronto Collision Between Bus and Vehicle
Case Number: 20-PVI-072
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-PVI-072
- On the morning of April 4, 2020, an Ontario Provincial Police officer observed two vehicles traveling at high rates of speed westbound on highway 401, near Leslie Street.
- When one of the vehicles exited at the Bathurst Street exit, the officer followed. The vehicle proceeded west on Wilson Avenue and then north on Keele Street.
- In the area of Keele Street and Sheppard Avenue, the vehicle became involved in a collision with a TTC bus.
- Two occupants from the vehicle, a 23-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman, were ejected from the vehicle. They were taken to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342