SIU Investigating Death of Man in Elliot Lake
Case Number: 20-PCD-092
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-PCD-092
- Shortly after 11 a.m. on April 20, 2020, a 49-year-old man attended the probation and parole office located on Philip Walk in Elliot Lake.
- While in the presence of Ontario Provincial Police officers, the man sustained a gunshot wound.
- He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342