SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Burlington Collision
Case Number: 20-OVI-137
- At approximately 12:30 a.m. on June 13, 2020, a Halton Regional Police Service officer observed a vehicle of interest in the area of Brant Street and Havendale Boulevard.
- The officer followed the vehicle along Havendale Boulevard and attempted to stop it.
- The vehicle driver did not stop. At the end of Havendale Boulevard, the vehicle left the roadway, entered a wooded area and struck a tree.
- One of the vehicle's three occupants, a 29-year-old man, sustained a serious injury and was transported to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342