SIU Investigating Collision in Scarborough
Case Number: 20-TVI-138
- At approximately 8:15 p.m. on June 14, 2020, Toronto Police Service officers were in the area of Markham Road and Nugget Avenue when they observed a Nissan Rogue traveling southbound on Markham Road at a high rate of speed.
- The officers commenced following the vehicle.
- At Markham Road and Sheppard Avenue, the Rogue became involved in a collision with a Ford Escape, which in turn struck a Honda Civic.
- Two women from the Escape – the 52-year-old driver and her 21-year-old passenger – were transported to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342