SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Arrest in Community of Harrow
Case Number: 20-PCI-149
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-PCI-149
- At approximately 9:15 p.m. on June 23, 2020, Ontario Provincial Police officers with the Essex detachment responded to an address on Secord Avenue for a mischief call.
- Officers located a person of interest – a 26-year-old man – and a struggle ensued.
- The man was subsequently arrested and transported to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342