SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Brant Collision
Case Number: 20-PVI-156
- At approximately 8:15 p.m. on June 27, 2020, an Ontario Provincial Police officer attempted to stop a vehicle that was traveling south on Newport Road.
- The vehicle did not stop.
- A short time later, at the intersection off Old Greenfield Road and Newport Road, the vehicle went into a ditch and rolled over.
- The 36-year-old male driver was taken to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342