SIU Investigating Man’s Fatal Fall from Overpass to Highway in Brockville
Case Number: 20-OCD-183
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-OCD-183
- At approximately 10:15 a.m. on July 25, 2020, Brockville Police Service officers were on patrol when they spotted a person of interest on the North Augusta Road overpass above Highway 401.
- As the officers approached the man, he fled and went over the guardrail, landing on the westbound on-ramp to the highway.
- The man, from Houston, Texas, was transported to hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342