SIU Investigates Injuries in Toronto
Case Number: 10-TCI-158
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-TCI-158
* On August 4, at approximately 5:00 p.m., the TPS received a call, and subsequently attended an apartment building located at 150 Graydon Hall Drive.
* Officers forced open a door on the 11th floor.
* There was an interaction with a man, and he sustained injuries to his hand and ribs. He was taken to hospital for treatment, and has since been released.
* At some point during these events, a woman who was also in the apartment fell from the 11th floor balcony and sustained serious head injuries. She is being treated at the Sunnybrook Hospital and is currently in stable condition.
Four investigators from the SIU are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342