SIU Investigating Multi-Vehicle Collision in Milton
Case Number: 20-OVI-227
- At approximately 12:15 a.m. on September 13, 2020, Halton Regional Police Service officers responded to a break and enter at a business located at 188 Main Street East.
- Shortly after, officers located a vehicle – a Honda Fit – connected to the break and enter, and the officers followed the vehicle.
- In the area of Bronte Street South and Derry Road, the Fit became involved in a collision with two other vehicles – a pickup truck and a Toyota Venza.
- The 21-year-old male driver of the Fit was extricated from the vehicle and transported to hospital for treatment of serious injuries. From the pickup truck, the 31-year-old female passenger and the 33-year-old male driver were also transported to hospital.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342