SIU Investigating Collision in Strathroy-Caradoc
Case Number: 20-OVI-267
- At approximately 9:30 a.m. on October 14, 2020, an officer from the Strathroy-Caradoc Police Service attempted to stop the driver of an Audi S4 for a Highway Traffic Act violation.
- The Audi fled the scene and the officer followed.
- A short time later, the Audi – which had been traveling southbound on Christina Road – became involved in a collision with a Toyota Corolla which had been traveling westbound on Longwoods Road.
- The 59-year-old female driver of the Toyota sustained serious injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment.
- The driver of the Audi fled the scene on foot.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342