SIU Investigating Collison Between Cruiser and Pickup Truck in Haldimand
Case Number: 20-PVI-310
- At approximately 5:30 p.m. on November 17, 2020, an Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) cruiser and a pickup truck became involved in a collision on Haldimand Road 9, in the area of York Road.
- The OPP officer and the 30-year-old male driver of the civilian vehicle were transported to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342