SIU Investigates Collision Involving Toronto Police
Case Number: 09-TVI-002
Other News Releases Related to Case 09-TVI-002
- the man injured has been identified as 42-year-old Richard David Audit
of no fixed address. He remains under police guard in St. Michael's
Hospital where he was treated for a broken right leg.
- The officer injured in this case received minor injuries and was
treated and released from hospital. He was dragged a short distance by
the wanted vehicle in the Dundas Street / University Avenue
- The SIU has designated five officers to be interviewed: one subject
officer and four witness officers.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to call the SIU at (416) 622-0748.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342