SIU Appeals for Witnesses to Hamilton Custody Injury
Case Number: 10-OCI-142
* At approximately 9:45 a.m., officers arrested the woman in the plaza parking lot of the National Bank at 447 Main Street East in Hamilton.
* The woman was transported to the HPS Central Station, at which time she complained of pain to her leg.
* She was subsequently transported to Hamilton Health Sciences - Henderson General Hospital.
As a result of the injuries, the SIU has commenced an investigation. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Lead Investigator at 416-622-9017 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342