SIU Investigates Custody Death in Collingwood
Case Number: 10-PCD-111
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-PCD-111
* On June 24, at approximately 5:30 p.m., OPP officers responded to a location on St. Marie Street.
* There was an interaction between the man and officers, and a Conducted Energy Weapon was used.
* The man became unresponsive, and was transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Four investigators and two forensic investigators from the SIU are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342