SIU Appeals for Witnesses to Orillia Custody Injury
Case Number: 10-PCI-108
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-PCI-108
* At approximately 1:00 a.m., based on information received, officers began following a vehicle on Highway 11.
* They stopped the vehicle at the Bayou Road cutoff.
* There was an interaction, and the woman occupant of the vehicle sustained third degree burns to her body.
* She was taken to Soldiers' Memorial Hospital in Orillia for treatment.
Three investigators and two forensic investigators are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-1965 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342