SIU Appeals for Witnesses to Orillia Custody Injury
Case Number: 10-PCI-108
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-PCI-108
* At approximately 1:00 a.m., based on information received, officers began following a vehicle on Highway 11.
* They stopped the vehicle at the Bayou Road cutoff.
* There was an interaction, and the woman occupant of the vehicle sustained third degree burns to her body.
* She was taken to Soldiers' Memorial Hospital in Orillia for treatment.
Three investigators and two forensic investigators are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-1965 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342