SIU Investigates Custody Death in Red Lake
Case Number: 10-PCD-105
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-PCD-105
* On the morning of June 14, 2010, the man was arrested by OPP officers from the Red Lake detachment.
* Later that day, he was taken to Red Lake Hospital, and then transported to Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre.
* This morning, the man passed away.
Three investigators and one forensic investigator are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-1957 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342