SIU Investigates Firearm Injury in Kenora
Case Number: 10-PFI-097
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-PFI-097
* At approximately 8:12 p.m. on Monday, June 7, an OPP officer responded to 1st Street South in Kenora to speak with the woman.
* There was an interaction, and she was shot.
* She was taken to Lake of the Woods District Hospital for treatment, and was then airlifted to Winnipeg Health Sciences Centre. Her condition is stabilized.
Four investigators and three forensic investigators are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342