SIU Investigates Custody Death of Man in Dryden
Case Number: 10-OCD-083
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-OCD-083
* In the early morning hours of May 12, Mr. Rouillard was taken into custody.
* At approximately 4:30 a.m., he was taken to hospital where he later went into medical distress.
* Mr. Rouillard was pronounced dead at 6:16 a.m.
Four investigators and one forensic investigator from the SIU are investigating this incident. The postmortem is underway.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342