Update: SIU Releases Name of Man in Grey County Firearm Death
Case Number: 10-PFD-079
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-PFD-079
The OPP reported the following information to the SIU:
* At approximately 2:30 a.m. on this date, officers responded to a residence near West Back Line and Sideroad 80.
* There was an interaction with Mr. Burnside, and he was fatally shot.
The postmortem for Mr. Burnside took place on Tuesday, May 11 in London at University Hospital.
Five investigators and three forensic investigators are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342