SIU Investigates Injuries Sustained by Man in Waterloo
Case Number: 10-OFI-046
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-OFI-046
* At approximately 8:20 a.m. on Wednesday, March 31, WRPS officers responded to an apartment building at Erb Street West in Waterloo to investigate a disturbance.
* There was an interaction with a man, and he sustained injuries.
* The man has been taken to Grand River Hospital for treatment.
Four investigators and two forensic investigators from the SIU are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342