SIU Investigates Injuries to Man in Huron East
Case Number: 10-PFD-034
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-PFD-034
* At approximately 11:00 a.m. on Monday, March 8, OPP officers became involved in a standoff with a man at 82352 North Line in Huron County.
* The man was wounded, and has been taken to the Victoria Hospital in London for treatment.
Six investigators and three forensic investigators are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342