SIU Investigates Death in Lambton County
Case Number: 10-PCD-206
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-PCD-206
- At approximately 11:30 p.m. on September 23, 2010, an OPP officer stopped a vehicle on Highway 402.
- The driver of the vehicle was arrested and placed in the police cruiser. Based on information received, the officer decided to take the man to hospital.
- A short time later, while en route to hospital, the man became unresponsive.
- He was transported to Petrolia Hospital by ambulance, but pronounced dead at 2:20 a.m. on September 24, 2010.
Four investigators and two forensic investigators from the SIU are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342