SIU Investigates Injury in Sudbury
Case Number: 10-OVI-274
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-OVI-274
- GSPS officers attempted to stop a vehicle that had been squealing its tires in the area of St. Anne and Notre Dame Streets.
- The vehicle did not stop.
- Approximately one minute later the vehicle went out of control on Lorne Street south of Elm Street.
- The vehicle struck a building.
- The male driver was taken to Laurentian Hospital with undetermined injuries.
The SIU has assigned three investigators, two forensic investigators and one accident
re-constructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
The SIU is asking any member of the public who may have witnessed any or all of this incident to contact the lead investigator at 416 622 0748 extension 1925 or
1 800 787 8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342