SIU Investigates Firearm Injury in Mt. Forest
Case Number: 10-PFI-186
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-PFI-186
- At approximately 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 31, 2010, OPP officers responded to a residence on Birmingham Street West.
- There was an interaction between officers and Mr. Hieber, and he was shot.
- Mr. Hieber was taken to Hamilton General Hospital for treatment. He is currently in stable condition.
Five investigators and three forensic investigators from the SIU are investigating this incident. The Lead Investigator is appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or who may have any information regarding any aspect of the above chain of events, to contact the Unit at 416-622-1957 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342