SIU Investigates Firearm Death of Man in Scarborough
Case Number: 10-TFD-182
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-TFD-182
- Based on information received by the TPS, officers began following a TTC bus traveling southbound on Victoria Park Avenue shortly after 3:00 p.m.
- A short time later, officers pulled over the bus, and Mr. Jardine-Douglas exited the bus.
- There was an interaction between him and the officers, and he was shot more than once.
- Mr. Jardine-Douglas was taken to Sunnybrook Hospital for treatment, where he was pronounced dead at 4:07 p.m.
Seven investigators and four forensic investigators are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342