SIU Investigates Firearm Death of Man in Toronto
Case Number: 10-TFD-210
- At approximately 1:15 a.m. on September 29, 2010, the Emergency Task Force and the Guns and Gang squad executed a search warrant at a residence on Dunbloor Road.
- There was an interaction with a male occupant of the residence, and he was shot.
- He was taken to St. Michael’s Hospital for treatment, and was pronounced dead at 2:22 a.m.
Five investigators and three forensic investigators from the SIU are looking into the details of this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342