SIU Investigates Firearm Death of Man in Toronto
Case Number: 10-TFD-210
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-TFD-210
- At approximately 1:15 a.m. on September 29, 2010, the Emergency Task Force and the Guns and Gang squad executed a search warrant at a residence on Dunbloor Road.
- There was an interaction with a male occupant of the residence, and he was shot.
- He was taken to St. Michael’s Hospital for treatment, and was pronounced dead at 2:22 a.m.
Five investigators and three forensic investigators from the SIU are looking into the details of this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342