SIU Investigating Collision in Vaughan
Case Number: 11-OCD-002
Other News Releases Related to Case 11-OCD-002
- On Friday January 7, 2011 a YRP officer attempted to stop a car in the area of Bathurst Street near Centre Street.
- The car did not stop.
- The car left the road and struck a pole.
- The sole occupant of the car, the female driver, was ejected.
- She succumbed to her injuries at the scene.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-1957 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1957
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342