SIU Investigating Custody Injury in Windsor
Case Number: 10-OCI-229
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-OCI-229
- At 8:26 members of the WPS responded to a call for service in the 900 block of Windsor Avenue.
- As a result of their initial investigation they located a man on Goyeau Street.
- The officers interacted with the man and he was eventually taken into custody.
- A 22-year-old Windsor man was taken to Hotel Dieu hospital for treatment.
The SIU has assigned three investigators and one forensic investigator to this matter.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342