SIU Investigating Firearm Injuries in Toronto
Case Number: 10-OFI-266
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-OFI-266
- Shortly after 3:00 a.m. officers of the YRP attempted to stop a vehicle in the area of Weston Road and Victoria Avenue, Toronto.
- During this time there were a number of shots fired by police.
- The vehicle did not stop and continued down Weston Road.
- At Weston Road and Ray Avenue the vehicle was boxed in and stopped.
- The two male occupants of the vehicle were found to be injured.
- The driver of the vehicle was found to have sustained a gunshot wound. He was taken to Humber River Regional Hospital for treatment. He is deemed to be in serious condition.
- The passenger in the vehicle was found to have sustained a life-threatening gunshot wound. He was taken to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.
- Two officers have been identified as subject officers.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342