SIU Investigates Fatal Collision in Brampton
Case Number: 10-OVD-189
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-OVD-189
- At approximately 8:20 p.m. on Friday, September 3, PRP officers were investigating a collision south of Fisherman Drive on Hurontario Street;
- A PRP cruiser was stopped on Hurontario Street blocking traffic;
- A southbound motorcycle struck a stopped police cruiser on Hurontario Street at Fisherman Drive; and
- The rider of the motorcycle was injured and he was transported to Sunnybrook Hospital, where he later died.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342