SIU Investigating Injuries Received in Crash in Kitchener
Case Number: 10-OCI-230
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-OCI-230
- The WRPS was contacted by the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) – Cambridge at 3:36 a.m. and asked to assist with stopping a car coming into the Kitchener area.
- Attempts to stop the vehicle were unsuccessful.
- The car continued on and struck a vehicle being driven by a 63-year-old Waterloo woman at the intersection of Victoria Street and Charles Street, Kitchener.
- The woman injured in the crash was taken to the Grand River Hospital where she was treated and released.
- A male and female in the other car were arrested.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342