Update: SIU Releases Name of Man in Sudbury Firearm Death
Case Number: 10-OFD-278
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-OFD-278
- On Wednesday, December 29, 2010, officers responded to a call to an address on Pine Street in regards to a homicide investigation.
- At approximately 1:10 am the responding officers were involved in an interaction with Mr. Tranchemontagne.
- During the interaction, Mr. Tranchemontagne sustained at least one gunshot wound. He was transported to Sudbury Regional Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
- GSPS is continuing its investigation into the death of a second male at the residence.
A postmortem for Mr. Tranchemontagne was scheduled for December 30, 2010 at 9:00 a.m.
Four investigators and two forensic investigators from the SIU are looking into the details of this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342