Update: SIU continuing to look into Hwy 401 Fatality in Whitby
Case Number: 10-OVD-180
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-OVD-180
- At approximately 11:30 p.m., a DRPS officer followed a motorcycle, with two occupants, onto Highway 401 westbound near the Lake Ridge Road South overpass in Whitby.
- A short time later, the body of the Ms. Bocunescu was located on the highway. It’s believed she had been struck by a number of vehicles.
Six investigators and two forensic investigators from the SIU are investigating this incident. The Lead Investigator is appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or who may have any information regarding any aspect of the above chain of events, to contact the Unit at 416-622-9035 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342