SIU Investigates Injuries to Student in Kingsville
Case Number: 10-PCI-261
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-PCI-261
- At approximately 12:30 a.m. December 4, 2010, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) arrived at a noisy party call at the apartments above 16 Main Street, Kingsville.
- During the course of the investigation OPP offficers interacted with a 17 year old male.
- As a result of this interaction the SIU has invoked its mandate.
The SIU has assigned two investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident. Anyone who may have attended to this party and has information regarding this case, is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342