SIU Investigates Death on 427 South
Case Number: 11-TCD-009
Other News Releases Related to Case 11-TCD-009
- Officers with the Toronto Police Service responded to an initial call early this morning from a taxicab travelling southbound on the 427;
- Officers attended, spoke with the male passenger and left the area;
- The taxi driver travelled a short distance and again stopped with concerns about the passenger;
- TPS was again called;
- The male passenger exited the cab and walked to an overpass; and
- TPS officers arrived in the vicinity and were approaching the male when he fell from the southbound 427 overpass at the east bound Gardiner Expressway.
Four SIU investigators are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-2038 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342