SIU Investigating Collision in Haldimand County
Case Number: 11-PVI-020
Other News Releases Related to Case 11-PVI-020
The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) contacted the SIU this morning and reported the following:
- On Wednesday February 2, 2011 at 8:53 am, an OPP officer was involved in a collision with a civilian vehicle on Highway 6 near Willow Grove.
- The sole male driver of the civilian vehicle suffered serious injury and was transported to Hamilton General Hospital.
- The SIU has assigned two investigators and three forensic investigators to probe the circumstances surrounding this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-2380 or 1-800-787-8529 extension.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342