SIU Investigating After Halton Police Officer Shot ARWEN at Man in Oakville
Case Number: 23-OFP-268
Other News Releases Related to Case 23-OFP-268
- At approximately midnight on July 14, 2023, officers were called to a residence on MacDonald Road in relation to a dispute.
- Officers were on scene and the man barricaded himself in the residence.
- There was an interaction, and one officer discharged an ARWEN at the man.
- He was taken to hospital for assessment. The man was not seriously injured.
If you or someone you know is an affected person in need of support, please call the Affected Persons Program General Referral Line at 1-877-641-1897 or click here for more information: siu.on.ca/en/apc.php
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES