SIU INVESTIGATES CUSTODY INJURY IN LONDON
Case Number: 11-OCI-081
Other News Releases Related to Case 11-OCI-081
Mississauga (17 May, 2011) --- The London Police Service (LPS) contacted the Special Investigations Unit yesterday evening at 7:00 p.m. and reported the following;
• Two LPS officers went to a residence on Grosvenor Street, London on an investigation;
• The officers interacted with two people in the home;
• During the interaction a 71-year-old woman sustained a fracture; and
• She was taken to University Hospital for treatment.
The SIU has assigned three investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Frank Phillips, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342