SIU Investigating Man’s Death in East Gwillimbury
Case Number: 14-OCD-267
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-OCD-267
- At approximately 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 19, 2014, York Regional Police (YRP) responded to a call regarding a domestic matter at a residence on Kennedy Road.
- On their arrival officers were informed that the man had left the residence.
- YRP located the man’s vehicle on Boag Road.
- A short time later a gunshot was heard.
- The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342