SIU Investigating Man’s Fall from Apartment Balcony in Oakville
Case Number: 20-OCI-039
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-OCI-039
- At approximately 4 a.m. on February 16, 2020, Halton Regional Police Service officers attended an address in the area of Speers Road and Kerr Street to investigate a dispute with a cab driver.
- Shortly after the officers were allowed entry into a 2nd floor apartment unit, a 40-year-old man fled to the balcony.
- He fell from the balcony to the ground below.
- The man was transported to Hamilton General Hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342