SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Hamilton Arrest
Case Number: 20-OCI-102
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-OCI-102
- At approximately 9 a.m. on May 4, 2020, Hamilton Police Service officers were dispatched to the area of Sanford Ave South and Aikman Avenue after receiving a call for a suspicious vehicle.
- Officers located the vehicle which was occupied by two men.
- After an interaction, both men were arrested. One of the men, a 27-year-old, was taken to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342