SIU Investigating Pickering Collision
Case Number: 23-OVI-423
- At approximately 4:15 a.m. on October 17, 2023, Durham Regional Police Service officers responded to a call regarding a vehicle theft in progress on Sultana Square.
- Upon arrival, individuals left the scene in a vehicle, and the officers followed.
- At some point, there was a collision between the vehicle and a police cruiser.
- A 21-year-old vehicle occupant and a 27-year-old vehicle occupant were transported to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
If you or someone you know is an affected person in need of support, please call the Affected Persons Program General Referral Line at 1-877-641-1897 or click here for more information: siu.on.ca/en/apc.php
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES