SIU Investigating Serious Injury of Man at Peterborough Protest
Case Number: 22-OCI-206
Other News Releases Related to Case 22-OCI-206
- On the afternoon of August 13, 2022, protesters gathered outside the Peterborough Police Service station and counter-protesters converged.
- At about 4 p.m. on August 13, 2022, Peterborough Police Service officers arrested the man following an interaction with police.
- The man was taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury and admitted to hospital.
If you or someone you know is an affected person in need of support, please call the Affected Persons Program General Referral Line at 1-877-641-1897 or click here for more information: siu.on.ca/en/apc.php
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Kristy Denette, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES